Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baked Ziti


SUPER Yummy! So I have the biggest looser cookbook and tonight I made Baked Ziti. We loved it! It has kind of a sweet spaghetti taste. I actually halfed the recipe and it made plenty! I feel so motivated when I can try new things. This blog helps me to stay focused!

Here is the recipe

Olive oil Spray (to spray the pan)
1 box (14 1/2 ounce) box fiber enriched ziti or penne rigate
1 15 oz. container fat free ricotta cheese
2 lg. egg whites
4 C. shredded reduce-fat mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
3 1/2 C. Marinara sauce
2 Tbsp. reduce fat Parmesan cheese

Boil Pasta to al dente according to package directions and drain

In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, egg whites and all but 1 cup of the mozzerella cheese until well combined. Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir the noodles into the mixture

Pour 1 C. sauce on bottom of 9X13 pan
Layer noodle mixture
Pour another 1 C. of marinara sauce
Layer the rest of noodle mixture
Pour the rest of sauce on top
Put the rest of mozzarella Cheese and Parmesan cheese on top

Cover with foil and bake 20 min. at 450 degrees
Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted
Let cool 5 min. and cut into 8 equal servings

Makes 8 servings

Nutrition Per Serving: 350 Calories, 22 g protein, 57 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat (3 g saturated), 20 mg cholesterol, 8 g fiber, 429 mg sodium
If you are counting Weight Watchers points it's 7 Points per serving

I cut this recipe in half for us and it was plenty! I got six servings out of half a recipe. I did make it with low fat ricotta instead of fat free though. I hope someone else tries it. Let me know what you think

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment